Tips on Storage
- Allow for walkways.
- Place items you need access to in front.
- Keep a list of stored items in your records.
- Keep items off the concrete floor using boards/pallets.
- Cover upholstered items with blankets/cardboard.
- Wrap dishes & glasses in paper and put in plastic containers.
- Do not stack other items on boxes of fragile items.
- Wrap pictures/mirrors in carboard – stack on end.
- Store mattresses on end, not leaning.
- Protect upholstery from sharp objects.
- Store cloth items in larger appliances to save space.
- Store small items in bureau drawers if you have them.
- Long handled tools can go in a trash can.
- Put sofas/loveseats on end. Put cushions in trash bags.
- Tables may have removable legs to remove.
Storage space rental agreement:
For your protection, we provide a written agreement. Read it thoroughly and let us know if you have any questions. Make note of your payment date to see if the agreement covers prorated rental periods. A rental agreement is a binding contract stating the duties and obligations of you and Abby’s Self Storage. If you change your address or phone number, be sure to notify us in writing.
Insure your stored property:
We rent space and store your property at your sole risk. Your goods are not insured by Abby’s Self Storage. If you do not have insurance, we can help you purchase it.
Prohibited storage goods:
Common sense and state laws determine what may be stored. You alone control access to your storage unit space: therefore, never store live animals, perishables, food, including pet food, liquids, explosives, flammable liquids and fuels, toxic materials or other items that need a controlled environment. Remember to drain the fuel from gasoline engines before storage.